Saturday 27 June 2015

Ninacarralindy the 2nd

This is the second version of the outfit I put together a couple of weeks ago, the Ninacarralindy, aka the StyleArc Nina cardigan, Sewaholic Belcarra and Itch to Stitch Lindy Petal skirt.


This is now my third Nina cardigan, the first made in May. And if that doesn't say anything about how good the pattern is, I don't know what does! I honestly don't know what to say that's different! I cut it out one afternoon and made it up the next!


This version drapes really well. This third one I made from some black merino, and the drape is so much better than the other two versions. It's also so easy to wear. I've lost count of how many times I've worn it since making it!


The details
Fabric: Black merino, from Levana, May 2015.
Notions: Thread and some tape to stabilise the shoulder seams and back of the neck.
Pattern: Style Arc Nina Cardigan, size 12
Changes made: None
First worn: Middle of June at some point for work. These photos taken at Truby King Gardens in Wellington
Another one/Recommendations: I've made three in the space of around six weeks, surely that says something? Not enough of a hint? OK, this pattern is fab. Quick and easy to make up and so easy to wear. I'm sure this is not my last, although I might have a break for a bit and make something different up!


The Belcarra top, another great pattern. This is my third one of these and I think actually my favourite. Number four has been made and no doubt another will find it's way into my wardrobe.


I thought I would ring the changes slightly with this version. I made up view B, which has the tucks on the shoulders. I'm really pleased how these turned out. I don't have one of those fancy edging feet for my machine, so I actually put drafting tape on my machine and line the fabric up against that. It works a treat and is so much cheaper than a machine foot!


The fabric is a really soft fine cotton which I got from Spotlight. It's one of those rare treats that you find if you look carefully! I like it! It's also the perfect fabric for this top.


The details
Fabric: Pale blue cotton lawn from Spotlight, Kaiwharawhara, Wellington, April 2015.
Notions: Thread.
Pattern: Sewaholic Belcarra, view B, size 12.
Changes made: None
First worn: About the middle of June.
Another one/recommendations: Yep, this is recommended. The pattern is easy to make up and the fit is great. I really like this version, but it's been too chilly to wear it recently :-( Never mind, the shortest day has now gone and we can look forward to the summer! I know we've still got some grotty weather months to come... Back to the matter in hand - yes, this pattern is great, quick to make and easy to wear dressed up or dressed own.


Finally, it's time for Lindy Petal skirt number 2. I made the first one of these at the end of May, I knew another one was needed and I went on the hunt for some fabric. The WSBN went out for high tea with a bit of fabric shopping included and I found this great black with a kind of texture to one side. I'm not sure it shows up in the photos though.

I lengthened the skirt by about an inch this time, but I still like the length and it's certainly not indecent!

The details
Fabric: Black double knit with a texture on one side from the Fabric Warehouse, May 2015. Sorry, the fabric won't photograph well for a close up!
Notions: Thread and knitted elastic for the waistband. 
Changes made: Lengthened by about an inch.
First worn: I couldn't resist wearing as soon as it was made. I think I finished it the day before these photos at Truby King gardens here in Wellington.
Another one/Recommendations: Do I really need to say how fab the pattern is? It's a fantastic pattern, so easy to put together, clear instructions. The finished skirt is so easy to wear and has had so much wear already.


This means I've also managed to make up something for the last week of The Monthly Stitch Indie Pattern Month, except I've done three patterns two takes :-)




No comments:

Post a Comment