Sunday 17 May 2015

Nina in red...

It all began with my fellow WSBN friend Nina... She has made so many of these I just has to copy since I love a longer length cardi... And, oh my! I have found pattern love! Trust me, this is lurve!! ;-)


I bought this pattern printed and just couldn't wait for it to come through the post. I'd bought the fabric before the pattern - oops! Style Arc patterns have little instructions. They are quite brief with few pictures. Now for those who know me, this is hard, I'm a pictures kinda gal and if you're pattern instructions don't have images, well I'm generally not interested... Saying that, this is NOT a difficult pattern to make up!


Now if you've not made a Style Arc pattern, you are in for a treat. I'm not the most careful of people when it comes to notches, etc on pattens and these patterns are drafted so well. Everything lined up to perfection, I had no strange overhangs at the end of seams, no out of place notches. I was definitely impressed. I think I made this up in an afternoon! That's quick for me!


The whole cardigan was put together on my overlocker. I used my machine to attach binding tape to the shoulder seams and back of the neck and I used the double needle to finish the cuffs. I also used the overlocker to edge the front drape. Reason why? The pattern says to "BabyLock edge" Quite convenient that I have a BabyLock really :-)


The details
Fabric: Red jersey knit from the Fabric Warehouse, January 2015.
Notions: Thread and tape for the shoulder seams, and back of neck.
Pattern: Style Arc Nina cardigan, size 14
 
 
Changes made: None
First worn: Middle of April sometime. As soon as I'd finished it, it had to be worn! Worn here for photos at Fabric-a-Brac last weekend with a RTW top, Stepalica Zlata skirt (a gift from Sandra) and shoes from Overland.
Another one/Recommendations: Yep definitely. Another is already cut out and ready to make up. I really recommend this pattern. It is so quick and easy to make up. The fit is great. This red cardi is getting so much wear already. I love it.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment